Ways to set up group atmospheres to encourage diversity
INTERCULTURAL EXPERIENCES AND HOW THEY CAN LEAD TO PARENT-EDUCATOR PARTNERSHIP CHALLENGES
· Displays and posters depicting children of all races and cultures interacting.
· Books showing a wide range of children and families from diverse backgrounds.
· puppets, story sacks, puzzles and games, coloring sheets all depicting diverse topics.
· Home corner and dressing up box can have clothes and themes reflecting different cultures.
· Having diverse dolls available reflecting all nationalities with appropriate clothing
· Diverse cooking activities including potlucks.
· Guests can be invited to talk about their home and culture
· Emphasize to parents the importance of welcoming new families into the atmosphere.